Having trouble getting pregnant can be an upsetting, frustrating and lonely experience – especially when other people are falling pregnant around you. Greenslopes Obstetrics & Gynaecology provides you with access to caring, independent experts who will help you investigate and hopefully overcome your fertility challenges.
The independent specialists working from GOG will provide a range of services commencing with a thorough medical assessment, through to specific, tailored, and comprehensive investigations into any underlying problems that may be impairing your ability to fall pregnant.
Such fertility investigations may include:
- Full blood examinations including hormonal assays and thyroid studies.
- Assessment of ovarian function and ovarian follicular reserve.
- Thorough analysis of any pre-existing underlying medical problems and physician referral when required.
- Detailed pelvic ultrasounds, hysterosalpingograms, or saline sonohysterograms.
- Semen analysis and hormonal profile for the male partner.
- Laparoscopy to assess tubal function and the presence of any peritoneal disease.
Depending on your results, your doctor can provide ongoing fertility treatment, including:
- Stimulation of ovarian egg release with medications.
- Treatment of endometriosis, pelvic adhesions or tubal damage with minimal invasive surgery.
- Restoration of ovulatory cycles with ovarian surgery.
Finally, referrals can be organised for more specialised treatment such as in vitro fertilisation (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI) and intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), which will be performed at specialist fertility centres. GOG has strong relationships with such providers in order to facilitate any care you should require.
Request an appointment