Our doctors understand the anxiety and frustration that commonly occurs when couples are unable to conceive. It can be a painful and lonely experience – especially when other friends or family are falling pregnant around you.
We offer a range of services to help those suffering problems with their fertility, commencing with a thorough medical assessment of the couple, through to specific, tailored, and comprehensive investigations into any underlying problems that may be impairing their ability to fall pregnant.
Such fertility investigations may include:
- Full blood examinations including hormonal essays and thyroid studies.
- Assessment of ovarian function and ovarian follicular reserve.
- Thorough analysis of any pre-existing underlying medical problems and physician referral when required.
- Detailed pelvic ultrasounds, hysterosalpingograms, or saline sonohysterograms.
- Semen analysis and hormonal profile for the male partner.
- Laparoscopy to assess tubal function and the presence of any peritoneal disease.
Ongoing management of impaired fertility following such investigations will depend on any cause identified, with basic treatments including:
- Stimulation of ovarian egg release with medications such as clomiphene citrate.
- Treatment of endometriosis, pelvic adhesions or tubal damage with minimal invasive surgery.
- Restoration of ovulatory cycles with ovarian surgery (laparoscopic ovarian drilling or wedge resection).
Finally, referrals can be organised for more specialised treatment such as in vitro fertilisation (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI) and intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), which will be performed at specialist fertility centres. We have strong relationships with such providers in order to facilitate any care you should require.