Greenslopes Obstetrics & Gynaecology offers a full range of contraceptive services for women in Brisbane of any reproductive age.
Your GOG doctor will help you determine the best form of birth control to suit your individual circumstances.
This may range from simple methods of contraception, such as the contraceptive pill, through to more invasive and permanent methods, such as tubal ligation. The doctors are also specialised to help you if you have a complex medical condition and require specialised contraceptive care.
GOG rooms are set up for insertion of contraceptive implants and devices, including Implanon and Mirena.
Options for contraception include :
- Oestrogen containing contraceptive pills
- The progesterone only contracetive pill or “mini-pill”
- Contraceptive injection, including Depo-Provera
- Contraceptive implant, including Implanon
- Mirena intrauterine device (IUD)
- Other IUD’s such as Multiload
- Tubal ligation
The best option will depend on your medical history, and future reproductive wishes.
Request an appointment