Ego Pharmaceuticals – caring for young skin
Newborn skin is delicate. Even as your baby grows, their skin remains soft and sensitive. This means, deciding which products to use to care for their skin during your baby’s first months, and even as they grow from toddlers to teenagers, can be challenging.
Founded in Melbourne when a young chemist, Gerald Oppenheim, and his wife, Rae, a nurse, saw a need for products to restore and maintain healthy skin, Ego Pharmaceuticals has led the way in innovative skin care.
Happiness from their heads to their tiny toes
Ego’s QV Baby range has been developed to care for and nurture young skin, and to assist with the management of skin irritation, dryness, chafing, and rashes, as well as skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis. The QV Baby range really does care for babies from their heads to their tiny toes, and includes:
- QV Baby Barrier Cream – 50g 125g AVAILABLE LATE-SEPTEMBER 2016! Protects against nappy rash, and helps to rehydrate skin and prevent moisture loss.
- QV Baby Gentle Wash – 250g A lightly foaming soap-free cleanser for hair and body.
- QV Baby Bath Oil – 250g A non-greasy bath oil that gently cleanses and moisturises and is suitable for use on dry skin, eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- QV Baby Moisturising Cream – 250g Non-greasy, easily absorbed and long lasting, formulated to offer rich and complete moisturising to baby’s skin.
- QV Baby 2-in-1 Shampoo Conditioner – 200g AVAILABLE LATE-SEPTEMBER 2016! A gentle low-irritant formula that washes and conditions hair in one easy step.
The benefits of baby massage
Baby massage is a wonderful way to strengthen the bond you have with your baby and bring you closer together. It can have a calming and relaxing effect on both you and your baby, and can promote a deeper and longer sleep for baby. It can also offer your baby comfort and ease their crying, help digestion, and relieve constipation and colic.
Baby massage is the gentle, rhythmic stroking of your baby’s body with your hands. You can use QV Baby Bath Oil or QV Baby Moisturising Cream to help your hands glide smoothly over your baby’s skin.
Before you start, find a warm room that has no draughts. Make sure you have everything you need at hand – your oil or cream, towels and clothes and nappy for dressing your baby afterwards. Choose a time when your baby isn’t too full, too hungry or too tired. Plan your massage routine – perhaps start with the legs, then move to the arms and body – and stick to it each time you massage your baby.
For more information on baby skin care, talk to the Greenslopes Obstetrics and Gynaecology reception staff or your doctor when you visit for your next appointment.
QV Baby is available in pharmacies. For more information on the QV Baby range visit the QV Skincare website or telephone Ego Pharmaceuticals on 1800 033 706.