At Greenslopes Obstetrics & Gynaecology we understand your pregnancy is about you – not us! We therefore proudly offer you the choice of obstetricians from our highly skilled team, so you can have personalised and direct care with your own doctor.
Our approach allows you to develop the relationship with your obstetrician that your pregnancy deserves. On those rare occasions when your own doctor is unavailable, we have special on-call arrangements to make sure you are safely covered at all times by one of the other GSOG obstetricians.
We offer a comprehensive obstetric service, which is able to cater for almost any conceivable development throughout your pregnancy. An obstetric physician, endocrinologist, diabetes educator, dietician, and a women’s physiotherapist complement our six wonderful obstetricians. This means you can relax in the knowledge that no matter what happens you can access the care that you need – all under the one roof.
Specifically, our comprehensive obstetric services include:
- Routine pregnancy
- High risk pregnancy
- Multiple pregnancy
- Management of complex medical disorders in pregnancy
Labour and delivery
Personalised care to make sure you are safely covered at all times by the GSOG obstetricians.
Post pregnancy care
The only group obstetric practice in Brisbane, QLD that offers a free at home visit from our dedicated post natal midwife service for patients within the catchment area.
Home mid wife visit
We are the only group obstetric practice in Brisbane, QLD that offers a free at home visit from our dedicated post natal midwife service *(as long as the patient resides within the catchment area).
GSOG has special arrangements with physiotherapists dedicated to improving women’s health.
Common obstetrics services and procedures:
Medical conditions in pregnancy
- Hypertension, pre-eclampsia
- Endocrine conditions e.g thyroid, diabetes
- Heart conditions
- Neurological conditions e.g epilepsy
- Blood clotting disorders
- Autoimmune conditions
- Infectious diseases in pregnancy
- And more ….
- Counseling for obstetric anaesthesia
- For women with medical conditions prior to falling pregnant
- Investigations e.g blood tests, ultrasounds
- Counseling for high risk conditions
- Screening tests for Down’s syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities
- Screening for gestational diabetes
- Routine visits for pregnancy check-ups
- Detection of complications e.g fetal growth restriction, pre-eclampsia
- Early pregnancy complications including miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy
- Management of multiple pregnancies
- Induction of labour
- Management of natural birth and complications during labour
- Vaginal Birth after Caesarean Section
- Postnatal management
- Caesarean section
- Instrumental delivery
- Postnatal Home Visiting
- Postnatal Physio