When you’re pregnant, you deserve consistent and personalised care from your own doctor. Through Greenslopes Obstetrics & Gynaecology, you are connected with a collection of independent specialists. You can choose the doctor you want to support you before, during, and after, your pregnancy.
This approach allows you to develop an important relationship with your obstetrician. On those rare occasions when you own doctor is not available, a roster of special on-call arrangements is in place to make sure you are safely covered by another independent GOG obstetrician.
By giving you access to comprehensive obstetric services, you can relax in the knowledge that almost any conceivable development throughout your pregnancy can be safely managed. An obstetric physician, endocrinologist, diabetes educator, dietitian and women’s physiotherapist complement the group of independent obstetricians working from our rooms. This also means that the care you need is available all under one roof.
Specifically, the comprehensive obstetric services provided by our independent specialists include:
Management of routine pregnancies as well as multiple and high risk pregnancies, and complex medical disorders in pregnancy.
Labour and delivery
Personalised care to make sure you are safely covered at all times.
Common obstetrics services and procedures:
Medical conditions in pregnancy
- Hypertension, pre-eclampsia
- Endocrine conditions e.g. thyroid, diabetes
- Heart conditions
- Neurological conditions e.g. epilepsy
- Blood clotting disorders
- Autoimmune conditions
- Infectious diseases in pregnancy
- And more ….
- Counselling for obstetric anaesthesia
- For women with medical conditions prior to falling pregnant
- Investigations e.g. blood tests, ultrasounds
- Counselling for high risk conditions
- Screening tests for Down syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities
- Screening for gestational diabetes
- Routine visits for pregnancy check-ups
- Detection of complications e.g. foetal growth restriction, pre-eclampsia
- Early pregnancy complications including miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy
- Management of multiple pregnancies
- Induction of labour
- Management of natural birth and complications during labour
- Vaginal birth after caesarean section
- Postnatal management
- Caesarean section
- Instrumental delivery
- Postnatal home visiting
- Postnatal physio